10 year old Mariachi singer Sebastion de la Cruz was thrust into the national spotlight last year on America’s Got Talent. Tonight, he was once again seen by the nation as he sang the national anthem at Game 3 of the NBA finals in San Antonio where the Spurs took on the Miami Heat.
This makes me really sad! There are so many ignorant people still out there! I can’t believe we live in this world. It is times like these that make me proud of being both Mexican and American, of studying Chicano/a studies. Of having dual citizenship. And of proudly representing both my countries. However it makes me sad how many people out there are still so ignorant and blind. We’re in the 21st century people! There is more than one type of American out there. You don’t have to be Anglo to be American. Gosh dammit, this stupid essay that I’m writing for my class that is due in a few hours, totally applies here. PS: Fuck you Samuel Huntington (ignorant political scientist that I am writing about), your stupid WASP theory, and all your people ! I hate to straight up say the F or write it, but it makes me really angry. This kid is 10 years old, how dare you call him a beaner. He is american, how dare you call him illegal. Just because ones skin color is brown, just because we have certain features we are automatically illegal immigrants? Ignorant Americans you despise me! Go to hell, get a book, get informed, and then you can come back!
Saw this somewhere else and felt the need to post it cause no one else ever really tells you this stuff
My mom never really noticed. She noticed when she was breast feeding my little brother and blood started coming out instead of milk.
My mom said she felt and saw a little lump in the shower. She was lucky enough she found it at stage 2
My mom had a mammogram. The radiologist thought the spots were just regular calcium deposits.
Turns out it was triple negative breast cancer that had spread to her lymph nods. Mastectomy, radiation and chemo saved her life.
This could SAVE a life.
Signal BOOST and pass it on. I had a breast cancer scare before (luckily it was just scar tissue…) and information like this kept me calm and collected at the doc’s.
everyone needs to reblog this
I totally needed this. I’ve gotten into this routine that I forget to actually live and do things I enjoy. let me remind myself…
This is my year.
Being productive is all about building a lifestyle that enables just that. Here are some tips that can help you develop habits enabling productivity in your work place.
1. Remove all distractions from your life. For example, deactivate FaceBook or use site blockers. Cancel plans that do not contribute to what you have to do that take up energy and time.
2. Write a do-list the night before or in the morning. Set specific and small tasks. For example, instead of just planning ‘read chapter 6’ which might be too big of a task to complete in one day, write ‘read pages 234-260.’ This is much more specific and also much more reasonable because it accounts for how many pages you have to read. Furthermore, it helps you if you set estimated time to do each tasks. For example, ‘Read pages 234-260 between 3:30 and 4:40.’ Writing down the estimated time puts how much time you actually have in the day to do things in perspective.
This will make you think about life.
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.
Happy 23rd Birthday, Emma Watson! ♥
My role model! :D